Leaders United Program
Each year, Our Promise asks state agencies and departments to loan one or more of their valued employees to participate in the Leaders United Program, formerly the Loaned Executive Program, for a 15-week working session to assist in the annual giving campaign. Leaders United participants (LU’s) serve as an extension of the Our Promise team and work full-time in their local United Way office from August through December.
The Leaders United experience provides:
- An understanding of the importance of a charitable giving campaign to potential, new and existing donors in the Our Promise campaign
- Awareness of community issues facing the region in which the LU is working in and the impact on organizations and future leaders
- Development of a well-rounded understanding of various professional industries through educational classes. Topics include: Marketing, Human Resources, Consulting, Healthcare, Local/State Government, Legal Issues, and Finance
- The opportunity to stretch outside of comfort zones to work with others, solve problems and drive results
- Gain new insights about trust, authenticity, and character for future leadership growth
A Unique Professional Development Opportunity
The Our Promise Leaders United Program strives to provide a unique opportunity for professional and personal development including:
- Leadership development
- Presentation and sales skills
- Public speaking
- Team building
- Time management training
- Planning and organizing
- Serve as an essential part of a team that raises more than $6 million annually for over 2,300 nonprofits
Who would be a good candidate for the Leaders United Program?
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Wanting to develop leadership skills
- Excited about giving back to their community
- Looking to diversify their professional skillset
- Up for a challenge
For more information about the Leaders United Program, please contact Benjamin Acedo at 916-368-3015 or Benjamin.Acedo@uwccr.org.