Our Promise would not be possible without our many state employee campaign volunteers. These volunteers typically assume one of these three roles:
- Statewide Leadership Team Members who are appointed by the Secretary, Agency-level leaders and are responsible for top-level leadership and inspiration in the implementation and execution of Our Promise for their agency/departments.
- Statewide Department Campaign Chairs who are the “go-to” people in each respective department charged with educating, recruiting and inspiring their fellow California State Employees to be part of this campaign.
- Key Connectors who are committed, passionate advocates identified and recruited by the Statewide Department Campaign Chairs. They’re responsible for the solicitation of a specific number of employees (25-30) in a department. They are active members of the team and are vital to the Our Promise $7 million goal.
Here you can find training resources and tool to better help you in one of these above volunteer roles.
We have provided the tools and resources that our campaign volunteers need to conduct a successful campaign, from a donor pledge form to sample letters and templates such as a business solicitation letter to help with your special event planning. These materials are easily able to be downloaded for your use.
Each year, Our Promise asks state agencies and departments to loan one or more of their valued employees to participate in the Leaders United Program, formerly the Loaned Executive Program, for an 18-week working session to assist in the annual giving campaign. Leaders United participants (LU’s) serve as an extension of the Our Promise team and work full time in the local United Way offices from late July to early November.
To better support our Statewide Leadership Team Members, Statewide Department Campaign Chairs and Key Connectors, this section provides each of you a training manual and additional training resources to help with all aspects of your roles in the campaign.
For more information, contact Ben Acedo.
Find the answers to all of your questions about being a campaign volunteer for the Our Promise: California State Employees Giving at Work.
Where can we find training materials?
We provide training materials for all campaign volunteers from Department Campaign Chair to Key Connector training, as well as pledge form training for Auditors. We include a manual and Power Print presentation. Please click here.
This year, we are so excited to have eight loaned state employes join the Our Promise team.
- Dawn Clark-Lamb, Department of Transportation
- Deborah Denham, California Correctional Health Care Services
- Esther Vicente
- Kathy Darling, Department of State Hospitals
- Sunshine Garside, California Highway Patrol
- Michael Thomas
- Salome Wameya
- Samuel Turner
Learn more about their involvement in the campaign!