Meet Dawn Clark-Lamb
Our Promise Leaders United, Department of Transportation
Q & A:
Name, state department or agency.
Dawn Clark-Lamb, Department of Transportation
What do you enjoy most about working as a Loaned Executive on the OP campaign?
Meeting others from different State Offices and the impact of helping awareness of all the local Non-Profit Organizations in our community.
How long have you been involved in or volunteered with the campaign?
I have been given through the State Campaign for the past 20+ years, I started when it was a $2 minimum to donate!
What inspires you to give through the campaign?
I am inspired by my father’s Jim Clark Memorial Scholarship –which is administered by the Cosumnes River College Foundation and Our Promise, each year a student-athlete at the Community College is given $1,000 to continue their education at a 4-year University. To date, we have given out $14,000 through Our Promise/ CRC Foundation.
What nonprofits do you donate time or funds to, and why?
- CRC- Jim Clark Memorial Scholarship to help student-athletes in the community college level in honor of my dad.
- California Black Chamber of Commerce to support the causes of the radio station.
- National Collegiate Preparatory Charter High School to support the founder and dear friend educate the boys/girls in the Washington DC area. This school has a 95% graduation rate and most students continue onto a 4-year University back on the East Coast.
- Antioch Progressive Baptist Church to support the families and church in the Meadowview/South Sac area with food and resources.
- Cosumnes River College, CRC Foundation, part of the Los Rios Community College district located in the South Sac (Elk Grove area) the foundation has been a part of my life since 1972.
California Transportation Foundation for all
Caltrans employees this organization provides scholarships and