Conditions for Approval
By signing this application, the federation agrees to the
1) This application form must be complete and submitted no later
than the February 28, 2020 filing date. A timely submission
is necessary to ensure that the organization will, if approved by
the Department of General Services (DGS), be included by name in
the 2020 Our Promise: California State Employees Giving at
Work Initiative (2020 OP Campaign) literature distributed to
State officers and employees.
2) If DGS or its designee requests information supporting a
certification of eligibility, the information must be furnished
within two business days. The burden of demonstrating eligibility
shall rest with the applicant.
3) The administrative fee for the 2020 OP Campaign is
a) $.35 cent per transaction fee as set by the State Controller’s
Office (SCO). This fee is subject to change.
b) 14% administrative set rate:
- 8% allocated to United Way
California Capital Region (UWCCR) to manage and process the
campaign year round
- 5.5% for reimbursement to the local
Principal Combined Fund Drive (PCFD) for fundraising expenses
- .5% to DGS for related campaign
c) The overall DGS approved percentage rate and SCO per
transaction fee will be published in the 2020 OP Initiative
literature distributed and on the website.
4) To hold harmless the State of California, including but not
limited to its officers and employees, from any liability that
may result from requesting, canceling or changing any payroll
deduction, in consideration for and as a condition of the SCO
withholding and transmitting payroll deductions, as authorized by
California Government Code section 1151(f).
5) To immediately send notification by email to email@example.com
of any changes to the information provided in or in connection
with this application. Any changes to our application will be
reviewed by the DGS’s designee to determine if we still comply
with all applicable requirements.
6) DGS may elect to disqualify or remove an organization that
makes a false certification and/or engages in illegal activity.
7) All applicants must be a 501(c)(3) organization and in
good standing with the IRS and FTB. Additionally, a status of
Current or Exempt-Active with the California Department of
Justice is required for any organization who is seeking donations
within the State of California.
8) To retain a copy of this digitally signed application and
produce it to DGS or its designee within two business days of
request for the original application.