Is your favorite nonprofit not listed on the website?
Have you searched through the Our Promise website with no luck in finding your favorite nonprofit? Have you wondered how to help your favorite nonprofit get into the campaign? The application process for the Fall 2018 campaign will open in January 2018.
Click here if your nonprofit is interested in applying in the Fall 2018 campaign.
once you sign up, you will receive regular updates on certification. Certified 501(c)(3) nonprofits are still able to receive donations through Our Promise by a donor utilizing the write-in portion.
Please note: Charities must have a valid 501(c)(3) status with the IRS and charities must be in good standing with the Registry of Charitable Trusts to operate or to solicit for charitable purposes in California. A registration that is delinquent, suspended or revoked is not in good standing. (Gov. Code, § 12599.6, subd. (f)(1); Cal. Code Regs., tit 11, §999.9.4.)
A charity that is not in compliance with the registration and reporting requirements listed above, will not be an eligible charity to participate in Our Promise: California State Employees Giving at Work Initiative. For any questions, please contact OPcertification@uwccr.org.
These are many benefits for a nonprofit to be certified in the Our Promise Initiative:
- Certified nonprofits are exposed to 300,000 state employees during the campaign.
- Certified nonprofits are invited to special events and speaking engagements at state departments and agencies.
- Certified nonprofits have exclusive access to the August Kick-off event held at the California State Capitol.
- Having an Our Promise organization code helps ease the contribution process on the pledge form.
- Donors are assured that Our Promise nonprofits have been vetted and approved to receive their donations.