Nonprofits: Join Us for the Our Promise Kick-Off Event
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
This is your opportunity to meet with state agencies and departments one-on-one, inform attendees of volunteer opportunities and educate guests about the important services you provide to the community.
This is an exclusive opportunity for nonprofits within the Our Promise campaign.
Wednesday, August 28
11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
North Steps of the California State Capitol
Agency Admission: Free
Agency Fair Details:
IMPORTANT: The nonprofit agency fair is set-up outside in the direct sun. Please make arrangements to bring a pop-up tent.
- The number of booth spaces is limited, so early registration is encouraged. In order to attend, you must be registered. No walk-ups will be accepted. With your registration confirmation, you will receive a packet with all event details and a communications toolkit from our team. Priority registration is given to Our Promise Certified Nonprofits.
- With an approved registration, you will receive a table and two chairs. Anything additional needed, you will need to bring yourselves.
- Plan your staffing and pack appropriately to only bring what you can pack-in and pack-out of the Capitol. You will be responsible for all set-up and take-down of your booth. Our Promise staff is not able to assist in this area. Please plan ahead by bringing a wagon or dolly if needed. If you bring a pop-up tent we recommend a minimum of 2 staff members.
- We recommend that the executive director and one other staff person be present at the booth in order to be able to answer all questions about your organization.
- At least one nonprofit representative must be present at your table at all times during the hours that guests are visiting the agency fair booths (see the schedule below).
- We encourage nonprofit representatives to bring a smartphone with data plan. There is no wifi available.
- We do not provide power for any electronic devices.
- We recommend bringing your organization’s branded tablecloth and/or signage to enhance your booth.
- There will be a prize for the best-decorated booth and most interactive booth on social media!
- Be prepared to bring various printed materials and giveaways for 400+ guests. Your table is open to the public at the State Capitol.
- Booths are arranged by service area, then will be arranged in alphabetical order.
- We are NOT providing lunch for guests or nonprofit representatives. Please plan on bringing or purchasing your lunch and water. There are a ton of delicious options within walking distance of the Capitol.
- If you have animals, they are allowed if you have them on a leash.
- Money is NOT allowed to be exchanged on Capitol Grounds. NO selling of any goods is permitted.
- We will provide all attendees with an Our Promise bag for all nonprofit materials and promotional items they collect.
10 a.m. Move-in
11 a.m. Nonprofit Agency Fair start time
1 p.m. Event End/Tear-down
The closest parking garage is located on 10th & L Street.
Cost: $1.50 each half hour or $20.00 daily maximum charge
LOAD IN: We recommend that your staff loads-in on L street, one person stays to set up and the other goes to park the vehicle. Plan accordingly.
For more information please contact Emily Ireland Cox at Emily.IrelandCox@uwccr.org or call 916-368-3009
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.